Interesting Links – October 2012
Another month, another bunch of links…
Software and release announcements:
- openSUSE released RC1 of their 12.2 release on the ARM architecture. RC2 has made an appearance too!
- Speaking of ARM, multiplatform support was merged into the kernel.
- There was probably earlier releases, but this was the first time I noticed the Cinnarch distrolet.
- There is a fork of Arch Linux initscripts, which I do not recommend given the lack of understanding of bash shown by some of the changes…
- Wayland 1.0 had a fairly quiet release announcement.
- I “discovered” the pkgng package manger for FreeBSD. I need to look at it in detail to see if there are ideas to steal for pacman.
There were many posts about UEFI and secure boot:
Other collected Linux-ish links that interested me:
- Ubuntu has a donation screen shown on the way to the download. I accept Amazon.com gift vouchers!
- A tutorial on how to remove watermarks in GIMP.
- Details of the systemd journal file format.
- A report on issues with major updates in Gentoo.
And some fun stuff…