Oops… never posted this at the end of July. And there was so many links. You will get over it!
Distro and software news:
- Fedora 19 is out and it appears they have the release process more under control these days.
- Android 4.3 is out, and it saved my Nexus 7… maybe.
- “Yet, it means Archlinux developers are in trouble.”
- Videos from the GNU Tools Cauldron are available
- These kinds of posts make the LKML worth reading!
- Firefox seems to be moving to the front in terms of everything again.
- Qt 5.1 was released with technology preview for Andriod and iOS platforms
- Some details on what will happen with the KDE5 transition
- Even though I read all the emails on this, the LWN article really helped me understand this lock elision thing in glibc
- More responses to Debian’s systemd survey.
- A new secure messaging client is on its way.
- Emacs got its own package manager
- LXDE-Qt and Razor are joining forces
- Mir seems to be progressing nicely
- There is now an unpacked Debian sources mirror
- Talk about compilers in OpenBSD and the need for an LTS compiler.
- And a story of a Fedorians trip into Archland. A bit of distro hopping is good for everyone.
And some other stuff…: